On Dec 11, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

William Robb wrote:

From: "Mark Roberts"

This time next year there will be at least one full-frame camera
available for around $1600.00 US. I expect a Pentax full-frame to be
at least announced, if not available, by then.

The 55mm f/1.4 will make a nice normal lens for it :)

I'm sure it will, but in the meantime, are they planning on orphaning APS-C
or supporting it?

Of course they'll still support it. Both Canon, who were the first to
full-frame, and Nikon, who denied plans for full-frame right up to the
moment they released one, still support APS-C.

If the latter, a standard lens would be nice....

My guess is that the traditional, slow consumer-zoom will probably be
the "standard lens" for APS-C :(

The DA* 16-50/2.8 is my APS-C standard lens, with the FA 35/2 filling in occasionally. Both are excellent. No need to resort to a consumer zoom :).
Paul