My daughter has developed an interest in competitive ballroom dancing.  This is
interesting: my complete klutziness is clearly a recessive trait.

The studio she and her dance partner have been using put on a show Sunday.
Shooting dancing is hard!  The light isn't too good, motion is fast and all
over the place, and if one's timing is off one can make the most graceful
people look like clods.

Fortunately Ellen and her partner performed about three-quarters of the way
through the afternoon, so I had some time to practice and sort out technique.
They performed a very intricate waltz, which her partner had choreographed.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=946280

(K10D, DA 50-200; fixed manual exposure of f/4.5 @ 1/45, ISO 1100.  Used a
one-stop gradient filter in LR to lighten the top 1/3 or so of most of the
shots).

Rick