>> >http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/album-firefighting/index.html
>>

>> Nice shots. A twin-bladed HU1 as well. One of the few helicopters that
>> can land, switch off, take off again, do a 360, and land, all on the
>> momentum of the rotors.
>

>How do you know these things....????!!!!

Har - you work in news and you pick up little bits of trivia from everywhere.

Actually that came from a book called Chickenhawk that was recommended
to me by another cameraman years ago. An air cav pilots recount of the
vietnam war as seen from the cockpit of a Huey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_(book)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty