On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Fred Widall wrote:

> FA Lens Zoom 28-105mm f/3.2-4.5
>       or
> FA-Lens Zoom 28-70mm F/4.0 Smcp Ashperic

Hopefully Fred will not mind my weight as I piggy-back on his
question... I have considered the same two lenses, as well as a third
one: the FA 24-90 F/3.5-4.5 AL[IF] .  The prices are quite different;
however I cant decide for the life of me if the lens quality and/or "extra
width" in the latter lens is worth it. I know the 24mm vs. 28mm is a
personal decision, but perhaps you can help decide the (more
objective) quality concern. I'll likely check out the review in
Shutterbug, as Rob suggested earlier.  However, I'd of course like to hear
from you guys (and gals) also.
  Thanks!
  .jerome.

ps... Like Fred, I'm also looking (pretty much) exclusively for a zoom to
fill this particular need.  Hence, hopefully we wont get too many "well
what you REALLy need is a PRIME!" responses... But of course theres always
at least one... So let me get it out the way now:

THERES NOTHING LIKE A PRIME LENS!
I'LL TAKE A PRIME OVER A ZOOM ANY DAY!
PRIMES SURE ARE WONDERFUL!

:O)  thanks in advance.