On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:25:34 -0500, you wrote:

>I recently acquired a used PZ-10 body and I'm looking for a suitable zoom
>lens for use with it. I think I've narrowed my choice to two possible
>choices, namely
>
>FA Lens Zoom 28-105mm f/3.2-4.5
>      or
>FA-Lens Zoom 28-70mm F/4.0 Smcp Ashperic

I don't know about the first lens, but the 28-70/4 has a good
reputation as a dependable lens, if a little short at the long end.

If you have more money to spend, the fairly new Pentax 24-90 is
challenged by the Tamron 24-135. If I were buying a new all-purpose
zoom, I'd sure check out the Tamron 24-135/3.5-5.6.

For travel and vacation photos, the 24mm end of a zoom is very useful,
and a close-focus ability to about 1:3 magnification is very useful
also.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com