From: Joseph McAllister
On Dec 23, 2009, at 13:17 , John Sessoms wrote:

> I delete 'em, but apparently can't "unsubscribe" if I keep my > internet access through them. I *have* made the effort to > "unsubscribe". The only reason I don't just filter them is the off > chance they will send something I do need to know about, like a > problem with the bill.

This should be the gist of the registered letter you send them, return receipt, letting them telling them they have a potential problem in trying to notify you of any billing errors.

Yeah, I could; probably should. But it takes no more effort than right click-delete-gone to deal with it for now and as long as I'm not incurring any additional charges for it, I'm not going to bother with it more than that.

I not only mark all this fodder as 'Junk', but I also bounce it back at them in the off chance they pay attention to mail that does not go through.

I think the problem is they've gotten it into their heads somehow that they're "the phone company"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9e3dTOJi0o