On 12/22/2009 6:32 PM, William Robb wrote:
It's not just about battery life. Shoot a lot of verticlas and you will
learn very quickly to like the grip. I'd buy (and did buy) the Pentax
one on general principals, but the price difference isn't as great here,
either.

William Robb

On the other side, my K-7 and Galia's K10D barely fit together into my bag. Since I don't want to buy another bag we get to save the money and we also shoot without grips...

The killer feature for the grip is vertical shooting with 0.5 kg of flash attached for, say, 2 hours. Your wrist will thank you for not forcing it to hold the camera vertically without the grip.

Boris