On Dec 25, 2009, at 04:47 , Mark Roberts wrote:

Cotty wrote:

On 24/12/09, Mark Roberts, discombobulated, unleashed:

HTML is always a potential privacy threat due to web bugs
(individualized tracking images - usually invisible). Add JavaScript and there's potential for other nastiness ranging from concealing the true
destination of links to much nastier stuff.

You were right Paul, it's a PC thing ;-)

Just in case anyone takes Cotty seriously, all the things I mentioned
above apply to all operating systems.

Than again, maybe he meant "PC" as in "Politically Correct" :)

No, it's something that Windows users spend time thinking about, and OS-X people do not.

Have not had anything in any message hurt my computers ever.

Back in the days of the floppy disk, I was able to get a few uninvited worms and like nasties, 15 years ago.

My Macs have never worn any rubbers.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ Nature is considerably more creative and inventive than humankind. Without Nature there isn't any humankind. Without humankind, Nature is fine.”