Bob W,
I think I set the white point off of the sail in the 1st one and the
surf in the 2nd one.
I'm out shooting the surf again this morningso we'll see how my colors go.

Bruce,
I think the soothing nature of the blue shot is why I like it, despit
lacking action.

Brian,
I've thought about that foreground.  I'll have to try it without it.

Dave and Jack,
I think I prefer the 2nd shot as well.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.
Regards,  Bob S.