Cotty wrote:
My hope is
that, with 2 or 3 more weddings this year, I can add a FF body to the
arsenal (say, a used 5D II if canon replaces it and the price drops).

1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds 1Ds.

So Cotty... what do you think of the 1Ds series? lol... but seriously, you make a good point (and one that I think I'll heed to once I head FF). Initially I was sold on the 5DII because of the video capabilities [my kids are 2 years, and 8 months old... need I say more?]... but with the 7D in hand (which was admittedly somewhat of an impulse purchase), I don't think I ever switched gears. And so now that you've made me stop and think about it, an older version of the 1Ds is definitely now in play as my FF of choice. Given that the 7D has itched the scratch of up-to-date video (and autofocus) capabilities, I guess you're right that the 1Ds would be the hands down winner with respect to image quality... and just about everything else. hmm.

Thanks for the food for thought. The "nice" part about having no money left is that I've get plenty of time to think before my next purchase :o) A 7D with a 70-200 and a 1Ds with a 24-70 does sound nice, though.