Shel Belinkoff wrote:One thing that I have noticed, and it may only be
because I'm still a

> bit behind the curve, is that it seems easier (from my memory) to
> manipulate fiber-based paper during the printing stage.

That's cerrtainly true in terms of development. RC papers develop so fast
that you have to let them develop fully. It''s almost impossible to yank them
from the tray at less than full development and still end up with a nice
print. Fiber on the other hand can be pulled out before the development is
100% complete, and the effect is virtually the same as a shorter exposure
would have been.
     I'm still looking for a new enlarger that will print the full neg of my
6x7s. I passed on a Beseler 23C with Dichroic head yesterday on ebay. I think
the buy it now was $200. I'm kicking myself a bit. But I still entertain the
notion of an enlarger that will also do 4x5. Either the Beseler 45 or the
Omega 2. And I'm really in love with the zone VI cold head on my Omega B22XL.
When I get the big enlarger, I think I'm going to want to go cold head again.

Paul