On Jan 3, 2010, at 5:59 PM, Rick Womer wrote:

> Right now, I am not planning to replace my K10D with a K7, because the latter
> does not seem to have significantly better low-light performance.  By
> reputation, the K20 is about 1 1/2 stops better than the K10 in low light,
> and the K7 is about a half-stop worse than the K20 (thus a stop better than
> the K10).

I've found the k7 to be a bit better than the K20 In use. This might be due to
the fact that it offers far better metering, so the accurate exposures help
improve noise performance. I find myself regularly shooting at 1600 with the
K7, while I rarely exceeded 800 with the K20D. Hadn't realized that until you
raised the issue, and I reviewed some of my exposure data.