On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My opinion, for what it's worth, is that none of the tests really mean much,
> and they seem to be more subjective than all the charts and graphs would
> indicate..  The best way to see if the low light performance is to shoot
> some photos and decide it you like hot they look.

That's true, but the consensus is that none of the K-10/20/7 represent
a major leap forward in terms of low-light mojo.  I went from *ist-D
to K20 and that was significant, but I bet the anti-shake was part of
the deal.  Haven't tried a K-X, but it may be the case that it's a
pleasant surprise.

BTW, I did some test shooting the other night at a not-very-well-lit
party with a Canon S90 and was flabbergasted.  Mind you, I was judging
the pix by their presentation on the dinky LCD on the back, but
jeepers, it seemed remarkable for a pocket camera.  -T