Hi Lasse,

I'm still on CS2, having arrived here a while back from PS 5 then PS 7.
You'll really appreciate all the additions from PS 5.

A few that I use alot (and can remember) are:

+ the browser - Adobe Bridge

+ the RAW convertor

+ highlight/shadow adjustment

+ ability to scroll multiple images at the same time

It might be helpful to get a book on CS4.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lasse Karlsson" <ma20...@aland.net>

Subject: A giant leap... some advice welcome

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and not badly struck by the cold weather in many parts of the world. Up here in Scandinavia, people are mostly enjoying a "proper" winter, which we haven't seen for quite a few years.

Anyway, there has ocurred a very small step for the art of photography, but a giant leap to me... After having been using Photoshop 5 uptil now, Santa has enabled me to start working with PS CS4.

This means that I haven't been following or learned about the new versions or upgrades of PS since the v. 5. As a way to start to learn what new there is to me, I thought I'd ask those of you who have been using later versions, if you maybe could point to or list some of the new features and improvements since v.5, which you have found particularly useful to your work and which may be the most obvious improvements to me (if you can recall that far back at all... ) ).

One obvious thing I already learned, is that I definitely have to get myself a new, more powerful computer...

Any pointers or advice welcome.

Thanks,
Lasse