Subject: Re: K20D - Hot pixel ?

On 2010-01-06 17:08, Charles Robinson wrote:
On Jan 6, 2010, at 15:03, Ken Waller wrote:

Resent with URL to image defect http://tinyurl.com/5wxjf

That is really, really weird.

That is really strange. Is the lower crop from PEF or JPG? Is it full one-for-one-pixel resolution from the original? The circular white part looks entirely too circular. There's some curious artifacting inside the black spot that's inside the white spot.

The black column seems to fade back almost to normal colors by the bottom of the image, but to be about "full strength" at the top edge. If you zoom in enough (like 10:1) you can see that the black line fades completely away as it intersects with the white spot. The black could be from the effects of a failure at one pixel on the pixels around it at either the hardware or the software.

Can you shoot something like a Chromakey background (pretty uniform color across the frame)? Can you provide an 800% or so zoom of the original resolution that only includes that white spot, in GIF or PNG format to avoid JPEG's machinations?

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)