From: frank theriault
Why do they call all the "Rooms to Rent" places around here "Arms"?
Whatever, here's Parkdale Arms.  Another sign (not visible in this
picture) says "absolutely no guests after 11:30".

Right...

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2010/01/parkview-arms.html

I know it's noisy, but it's in a noisy neighbourhood.

I think it is an attempt to add luster to otherwise mundane surroundings.

Originally it would have been an inn of slightly better quality suitable for the gentry, those perhaps with the right to a "coat of arms"; i.e. Heraldry.