On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:11 PM, ann sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Like it a lot...
>
> I actually remember this corner...  you and I were doing a walkabout and I
> took a shot from that bus stop. but I went back to my 2004 trip files to
> confirm my memory wasnt playing tricks on me.  In this rare
> instance it wasn't, I'd also taken a shot of the Rooms for rent sign
> (mediocre one)
>
> What street were we on?
>
> I see Keith Haring is getting ripped off on a bus shelter ad.  (Unless its a
> real Haring and the estate
> is getting paid for its use)

Yeah, we were there, Ann, no doubt about it.  It's on Queen West, at
the corner of Bishop Strachan, just at the edge of Trinity Bellwoods
Park (hence the name "Parkview Arms".  We were (IIRC) walking towards
my favourite gallery in town that specializes in photography, the
Steven Bulger Gallery.  It happens that I live a block from there now.
 I'm not sure if I'm moving up or down in the world, but this is by
far the most interesting and photogenic neighbourhood I've ever lived
in!

Thanks for looking and commenting, and thanks to everyone else who looked!

cheers,
frank