2010/1/17 paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>:

> Real? It's not real until it happens.
> But I'm ready, I have my millennium shelter fully stocked. Oh wait, that was
> the last doomsday scenario. That was "real" as well.

naah the millennium bug was as real as the majority votes for dubya's
presidencies.

but climate change has begun, it is already an undeniable reality and
once it accelerates beyond even the most modest measure of
predictability or letting itself be influenced by anything we could do
but mostly choose not to. mind you, the German government just
declared as safe a permanent repository for low and medium level
radioactive nuclear waste and that place will drown by the moment sea
levels permanently rise by about 10 feet - now imagine having that in
the food chain - but oh sure by then the energy companies who haven't
a care in the world and pay next to nothing for repository exploration
and use will have learned and will help us to persevere... show me
just one example where a blue chip stopped their doings this side of
morality and i'll rethink...