Tue Jan 19 10:59:30 CST 2010
P N Stenquist wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
>

> > Paul, I agree that it is possible to do good pictures with K-7 at
> > 1600.
> > - I posted one just recently
> > http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2010-January/205671.html
> >
> > My point is rather that with K-x one can push further; and it is also
> > more consistent.
>
> Interesting. But you say below that you had to push the exposure in
> three shots. I find the metering in the K7 to be extremely accurate,
> and I rarely have to push a shot in conversion. Consistency is one of
> that camera's main virtues.
> Paul

I didn't get a feel yet whether the accuracy of exponometry of
K-x is much different from that of K-7.
With very limited base and very subjectively, I can say that about
the speed of AF.

K-7 is indeed much more consistent (I compare to the previous body
I have: *istDS), - and that's what I like about it.
However, with the K-7, at least with the indoor shots, and especially with
the flash, - I have the compensation set to +0.3 - +0.7, most of the
time, and for long-distance shots with the flash (AF 540 FGZ) - up to +1.0.

I also had a either +0.3 or +0.7 compensation set for K-x for those
shots.

I remember somebody else here (Boris?) saying that they have to set the
compensation for indoor shots on their K-7 to +0.5 - +1.

Igor