On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> The rights of the majority are usually well looked after. It's the rights of
> minorities that usually get stomped and which we need to watch out for.

My post to which you're responding was, of course, tongue-in-cheek.

I have to say, though, that the concept of "group rights" is a bit
scary;  there's always another group who ends up on the short end of
the stick.

I'm not engaging in hyperbole when stating that Hitler used what he
described as the group rights of the majority to exterminate Jews.

I like individual rights.  Everyone has them, without exception.  They
are the great legacy of the Magna Carta, running through English
jurisprudence, adopted by the Americans in their Declaration of
Independence and Constitution, and form the cornerstone of all those
countries who adopted Common Law.

cheers,
frank