I just upgraded to a new box w/Win7/64 bit. So far have had pretty much no problems running 32 bit software - PSE6, ProShow Gold, BreezeBrowser, FotoFusion, an older version of Acrobat and others. They all seem to run more quickly, but I don't know if that's a function of a 64 bit OS or faster hardware or both. Haven't installed LR2 yet, but that should install as a 64 bit unless I specifically run the 32 bit install. I've been told that one glitch w/64 bit LR is not being able to publish an album to the web from w/in LR - a function which works from the 32 bit version - but I can't verify that from my own experience.

I *do* make it a point to check the vendors website to see if they have any notes on running their software on Win7/64 bit. It seems a really critical thing is the drivers - printer drivers, etc - you need to make sure there is a 64 bit driver available to support your printer, 'cause a 32 bit driver won't work.

-p