On 1/24/2010 8:12 AM, Adam Maas wrote:
On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Leon Altoff<leon.alt...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi John,

I used to run Vista Business with PS CS3 and now run Win 7 64
Professional with no problems for CS3.  I get all 4 gig showing as
available now.

Get rid of Vista as soon as you can.  Win 7 is much improved, though
you may have problems finding drivers for some of your printers,
scanners etc.

Leon

Win7 is nothing more than Vista with ReadyBoost turned off and the
task bar broken. Very little real-world difference between the two,
mostly a rebranding to deal with the fallout of Vista's launch. The
real irony is the Vista launch was far smoother than the XP launch,
few seem to remember how bad that was because even broken XP was a
major improvement over Windows Me. Windows 7 is actually the only
smooth consumer OS launch Microsoft has had other than Windows 3.1,
mostly because Windows 7 is merely a lightly tweaked variant of Vista
which should more correctly be called Vista SE.

Win2K was a better OS from the start than XP. It's taken a long time to get drivers for a lot of things, (I remember having to run my Printer shared on a Win98 box because the Win2K driver refused to install on Win2K).. The only thing that killed my last Win2K system was hardware failure. I guess 2000 just didn't have enough eye candy for MS marketing.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}