Sorry Bill, I was trying to respond to both you and Bob W at once.
I've seen the teen beer parties with your parent's permission.
Legal liabilities will dazzle your mind, and keeping the drunken
teens at home and not driving is a further complication.

I don't have a solution for all of this, just happy to have survived it.
Most surprising, restaurants, bars, and liquor stores in my town fail
10% of their controlled buys by selling to an obviously underaged teen
with an underaged ID.  Despite training and desires, the shops are
ineffictive at following the rules.

Regards,  Bob S.