Also, no exterior TV antennas or sat dishes, no unusual exterior colors,
fencing only of a specified height and construction, only for small areas
around the "patio" area, etc. etc.
In our association, I live in the old farmhouse (1837 vintage) whose previous
owner plus 2 sold the land that became the development of duplexes and
townhouses. We hang our clothes outside to dry from time to time, we drive on
the grass, we basically ignore the rules. But most of the neighbors don't know
that we are even subject to the rules, so we aren't setting a bad example. I've
been on the Association Board of Directors off and on for many years, currently
president, and I long ago learned that the rules are for show only. The
Association is toothless when it tries to enforce anything.

stan