On 1/20/2010 8:31 AM, paul stenquist wrote:
On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:19 AM, William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: OT - how to guarantee you luggage won't be lost

We're not even allowed to do it in my community. I guess some consider it an
eyesore.
If you had the interest to check into it, I bet you'd find that the laundry
machine lobbyists had a behind the scenes hand in it.

No, it's a local rule passed by the homeowners association and applies just to
a few hundred homes here. If I cared enough, I'd hang laundry anyway.
Association rules are non-enforcable. They're more or less voluntary. But by
breaking them, you run the risk of upsetting your neighbors.
Paul

In some places you can be subject to civil suit for breaking association rules.

William Robb

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the
interface subtly weird.\par
}