From: "Ken Waller"
Do you have any idea how much effort & time is required to even see a wolf in the wild ? I do. If that was an honest 'in the wild' shot it would be fantastic. To be there when not only a wolf appeared, but leaped over an obsticle and you were set up to capture it would truly be a lifetime event - IMO.

The only way I can see it is if you somehow already knew the wolves were getting in over the gate, you might be able to set up a camera with a IR trigger like those deer cameras to catch it.

I'd like to know more about what the photographer says was going on and how he captured the moment. This isn't a grabbed shot.

It will never be an "I was just in the right place at the right time" pic.