On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 04:16:40 -0200
Luiz Felipe <luiz.fel...@techmit.com.br> wrote:

> After all that, I'm out of ideas - and time. If one or more of you
> have more info, I'd love to read about.

I use Digikam almost excluding all else.  Does 16 bit colour, photo
managment, editing.  I have not needed the extra power of gimp for some
time.  I am in Ubuntu 9.10 on laptop.

It is a KDE application so needs some other lib installations.  Its in
the repositories.

--
"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is
essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy