John Sessoms wrote:

From: Bruce Dayton

Wow, is that a film processor?  Looks like it was once expensive.

-- Bruce Thursday, January 21, 2010, 6:23:16 AM, you wrote:

WR> No attempt at art, but this is a bonafide "foundview".
WR> > http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/fid.html
WR> William Robb

Noritsu V30SM - uses prepackaged Kodak "SM" replenishment chemistry for C-41, so the operator usually doesn't have to do any chemistry mixing.

It will process two rolls of 35mm simultaneously or one roll of 120/220.

It's the next size up from the one I used to run.

I don't know what they originally cost, but you can buy a used one for one to two thousand dollars now. They're a pretty good basic mini-lab film processor as long as you do your scheduled checks and services and preventive maintenance.

I don't know what building it's sitting behind, but dumpster appears to have computer monitors, keyboards and other electronica in it. It may have become defunct and need too many expensive parts to be economically repairable.

Likely it will be one of the big box-shifters. You take something back (printer/TV/camera) as faulty, they will put it back on the shelves, once. Comes back again, it goes into the compactor. _Nothing_ is repaired. Horrified me when I found out. I presume they claim a refund from the manufacturer or suck it up.

If it were mine, I'd have stripped off every functioning part I could before I set it out there.

Question for William Robb - What is the function of the building it was sitting next to?

If it's the back side of a Walmart or something like, would you mind looking inside to see if their photo-lab has new Fuji processors?