In the spirit of anyone who might not actually see those steps as "understood".

How can I go to your computer, I don't even know where you live?

On 2/3/2010 9:58 AM, Jack Davis wrote:
er...go to My Computer and open it as a drive. DCIM will come up...etc.

--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Jack Davis<jdavi...@yahoo.com>  wrote:

From: Jack Davis<jdavi...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lost consecutive image file number after repair
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 6:33 AM
I forgot a step. After taking a shot,
insert the card in the reader and  open it as a drive.
Then go to My Computer..etc.

Sorry!

Jack

From: Jack Davis<jdavi...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lost consecutive image file number after
repair
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 5:36 AM
I sent a reply to your initial
message prior to reading this post.
Format a memory card. Place it in the camera and take
shot and then place the card in the card reader. Click
on
"My Computer." DCIM will come up at the top of the
page. DBL
left click DCIM. A number series will appear in
dialog
box.(ex 100-0203) Dbl left click this number and the
image
number should appear. Change that number to whatever
you
choose. Remove the card from the reader and place it
in the
camera. Take a pic and check the number which should
be one
number greater than that you entered.
Hope this is clear and I have it right.

Jack