On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:15:05 -0800, you wrote:

>Got my PZ-1p and 28-70 f/4 in the mail today...having used my ol' Spotmatic
>all my life, this thing seems like it is from outer space. Perhaps I should
>have got an LX instead. We'll see. Wish me luck.

I'll be glad to describe how to use the PZ1p as an Improved Spotmatic.
Just email me privately about specific questions.

For now, just stick it in Hyper Manual, set the lens to A, put it in
Center Weight metering, and watch the little bar graph in the
viewfinder while you spin the wheels.

If Pentax had called it Full Manual instead of Hyper Manual, we'd all
own a PZ1p ;-)

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com