----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: lightroom configuration for costco prints

On Feb 8, 2010, at 10:34 PM, William Robb wrote:

I've found that by using Dry Creek's icc profile for my local Costco store I can see what the output will look like in PhotoShop Print Preview. Then if I tell tell the store to print without tweaking anything, I get exactly the output I want. If I just give them a file, I get the output the operator wants, frequently not very good. The printer doesn't need the profile, but by using it, you can see what you're going to get. I rarely buy prints, but the few times I have the profile seemed to be an advantage.

You can get the same thing by setting your workspace to sRGB.
Really, if you think it makes a difference, go hard, but you are imagining it.
I spent a very long time running these machines.
I know how photo lab stuff works.

William Robb