> From: Bob W
> Subject: RE: PESO - M3 and ME reskinned
>

> > That's nice but pretty full on, I'm not sure I could live
> > with it but the Slate Blue Kid Skin looks toned down enough
> > for me. Was your Vulcanite pretty trashed? My old chrome M4
> > has a few chips in the cover but its got a fair bit of paint
> > missing too, not sure if I would be better off leaving it
> > alone or re-skinning.
> >

> Leave well alone!
>
> Bob

Hear hear! Anyway, it's cool to have equipment that shows signs of wear.

Speaking as someone who messes around with guitars from time to time, the
coolest thing is to have a guitar that looks as though it's been on the road
for years. Fender does a "relic" series - brand new guitars that have been
beaten up to look as though they're the genuine article from 1952.

The ultimate is the Andy Summers signature Telecaster (scroll down):
http://www.fender.com/customshop/news/index.php?display_article=106

Brand new, but beaten up.

Chris