From: "Chris Mitchell"
From John Sessoms
> > Complete and utter nonsense to pay thousands of dollars extra to have
> fake wear applied to the body.

Sadly lots of people do. I hasten to add that my '73 Tele Deluxe is in near
pristine condition and I intend for it to stay that way as it is likely to
be a serious contributor to my pension in a few years time...

Chris

None of my guitars is "near pristine", especially those I bought when I was significantly younger. They've all been played out in public with the normal wear and tear that entails.

I was a callow teenager in those days, and not noticeably less clumsy than I am today. I've always used my equipment hard ... but that's what it's there for.

I never wanted to be a collector. Never considered my guitars an investment to be protected from handling. Guitars NEED to be played.

Somehow though, I ended up with a collection - seventeen guitars if I haven't lost count. Every one bought because I wanted to play it.

It's to the point it's becoming difficult to get them all played as much as they deserve to be played. Well, no ... it's not difficult, it's impossible. It just ain't happening.

The wear and tear though, the dings and scratches that have accumulated were all honestly earned.