On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:57:58 +0100, you wrote:
snip
> that wave quality of
>light DOES influence macroscopic qualities of image in such a way that
>there is no absolute sharpness even at macroscopic scale, not only
>quantum scale. What I am referencing to is Law of diffraction &
>Huygens' principe.

I don't know about all that technical stuff, but I do know it's near
impossible to get a Sharp shot of a little yellow duckling in the
first days after hatching.

I can get some of the yellow down sharp, but the lil' ducky's finest
down is impossible to resolve, even with the best technique and
lenses. The down must need over 100 lpm resolution, and it's pretty
low in contrast to its surroundings, even on water reflecting a bright
blue sky. Self-defense mechanism? Maybe predators have a hard time
seeing a fuzzy yellow ducky also.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com