2010/2/16 Bruce Dayton <bkday...@daytonphoto.com>:
> Ironically, I just had the ebook discussion with someone two days
> ago.  Having started reading ebooks on my palm pilot some years back
> and continued it with readers on my phone,

Bought a Sony reader in September. The only paper books I've read
since then are ones unavailable in electronic format. The only gripe I
have with eReaders are the aggressive DRM systems. I went for Sony
over the Kindle for that particular reason. The Sony seems more
generic and less tied-up. In fact, Amazon seem like a literature
equivalent of Rockefeller to me.

> the conversation was just
> about like he brings up here.  The tactile feel of the pages and
> curling up in front of the fire...

As to curling up in front of the fire, I think the eReaders are just
as nice. For more extensive novels, it's a lot easier to hold and curl
up with in the first place.
The tactile feel of the pages... well... Can't say I miss it,
personally. And scent of paper can be anywhere on a scale from
pleasant to nauseating. No books smell the same, and many fall short
of pleasant. :-)

> In the end we agreed to disagree.

Tastes differ, of course. Whatever the device, the content is still king.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com