When I was in Cape Town a few years ago there was an incident where a bad
guy pulled a gun in the street. Someone else saw this, pulled his own gun
and shot the first person. A 3rd person saw what had just happened, pulled
_his_ gun and shot the 3rd before the police finally intervened.

The 2nd person was a 'good citizen'. The 3rd was also a 'good citizen' but
with an incomplete grasp of the situation.

Also while we were there an armed citizen threatened to shoot me and the
people with me for being too noisy.

Bob