There's really no resolution advantage to current APS-C cameras over
4/3rds. I switched back from 4/3rds to Pentax APS-C due to my need for
low-light performance (IE I really needed the K-x's extra 2 stops of
ISO range), I still shoot Micro 4/3rds when low-light performance
isn't an issue. And frankly, what I'm getting from the K-x is more due
to the sensor being about 1.5 generations newer than the 12MP 4/3rds
sensor in my E-30 than the size advantage.

FF at the same pixel density as APS-C cameras like the K-X exceeds my
resolution requirements by a massive margin, and unless you're
printing very large, it likely exceeds your needs as well. 12MP
suffices very well for the 13x19 sized prints which are my current
maximum size. On the other hand, if I could get the D3s sensor in a
K-7 sized body I'd be ecstatic. I do silly things like shoot in dim
bars, so every bit of low-light performance I can eke out helps for
that sort of work and ISO 102,000 would be quite handy at times.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca