I have the Pentax version of this lens. As far as I know they are
almost identical.
It is my all purpose lens.

It is pretty good from 18-100, except from some rather heavy
distortion in the widest end.

>From 100-150 and up it is a rather mediocre performer. But it is a lot
better than not having tele when you need it.
It handles ok, except from slow focus at the long end, and the zoom
creeping is rather annoying when unlocked. Build is ok to, except from
a weak lens hood.

All in all, I recomend it, if you think you can live with the weak sides.
I can. The fact is that I am rather fond of it.

--
MaritimTim

http://maritimtim.blogspot.com/