On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:28:47 +0100
eckinator <eckina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> nice to hear your trip preps are moving along =)

yes indeed. thanks.

[...]

> May I intersperse the question why you choose Tamron over Pentax?

the pentax is not available here. it'll have to come from singapore
through the grey market channels and the waiting time is anywhere from
1 to 2 months. no guarantee that it'll come even after a long waiting
period. that's for all pentax lenses. :)

[...]

> Hope this helps and I have lots of time on my hands still being sick
> at home so feel free to ask for all the shots you need.

thanks Ecke, it does. appreciate it. if it is not too much of a
problem, it will be nice if you can put up a small gallery somewhere and
send the link. but given that one can't expect too much out of an
'all-purpose' superzoom and given also the positive response here, i
think i'll go ahead and get it.

thanks, subash