On 2/25/2010 8:30 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: steve harley
On 2010-02-25 17:39 , eckinator wrote:
> that's only 'cos of Ricky Martin - offer him citizenship instead =)

{chuckles} but note that Puerto Ricans are US Citizens; they just don't get a vote in the US Congress

They don't get to vote for Congress if they're still living in Puerto Rico proper. They can move to any of the states any time they want and register to vote the day they get there.

And they will get to vote for Congress if/when Puerto Rico becomes a state.

I'm pretty sure they do already get to vote for President, so there must be some way to count their "electoral" vote.

For them it's a beauty contest vote. It doesn't count they don't have representation in congress so they don;t get an electoral vote.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}