Joseph McAllister wrote:

>On Mar 2, 2010, at 10:25 , J.C. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> these files are ftp uploaded and seem to work fine
>> on ebay for many many many times (1000's)all without incident
>> or failure to display on my system nor any reports
>> thru ebay or direct from any ebay buyers reporting either.
>> Not sure why a few don't like them, pretty basic
>> stuff. I use CA antivirus service on the pc at this time.
>
>While ftp uploading is rather anachronistic (you haven't replaced that
>2400 baud modem yet?) I found that most of the time I get a photo of a
>cormorant on a goose. But I did get the grey screen of WARNING on two
>occasions. It may not be your photo(s) JC, but obviously the site
>trips Google's crawlers quite often.

No one should be using FTP in the year 2010. FTP in inherently
unsecure because it passes password data unencrypted(!) and therefore
visible to anyone snooping anywhere between the sender and receiver.
There are known vulnerabilities in some routers which, if unpatched,
allow third parties to "eavesdrop" and grab FTP passwords.

The problem(s) with JCO's site aren't in the images. They're in other
files that have been uploaded by whoever has snooped his password.