On 3/9/2010 3:55 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:01 -0500, "John Sessoms"<jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
wrote:
From: "P. J. Alling"
From: Larry Colen
On Mar 8, 2010, at 4:58 AM, Miserere wrote:

On 7 March 2010 14:35, Igor Roshchin<s...@komkon.org>  wrote:
It is possible that all other PDMLers know this resource
(or some don't care for it - as I know some people here don't care
about [if not simply detest] flashes), but it was rather useful
to>>  me:
http://pttl.mattdm.org/overview

Very nice summary for each P-TTL flash plus comparison across
models
for each feature.

Igor
I don't know about other PDMLers, but I've had that page bookmarked
for a long time; useful stuff. And Matt happens to be a Boston
guy, so
he probably says "flah-shes".

As for people detesting flashes, I think there are two types of
photographers: Those who know how to strobe, and those that hate
strobes.

I'm somewhere in between    :-)

I neither consider myself good with strobes, nor do I hate them.

I do not, however, like my AF540.  It will NOT stay in manual mode.
Mine does the same thing.  It's like if I'm not shooting for a minute
or two it goes to sleep&  when I wake it up again it has reverted to
PTTL.

  Is it supposed to do that?

Well obviously you wouldn't want to make a mistake and think for yourself.
PJ, YOU are an ASSHOLE!

In fairness, I think Peter was expressing a sarcastic comment directed
at the designers of the flash, not at you.

I haven't checked whether my AF360FGZ behaves in the same way but I'm in
the "I hate strobes" category and try to avoid using the damn thing.

Cheers

Brian
Thank you Brian, that is precisely what I was doing. I had no doubt that John could think for himself. I may not agree with him, but what the hell, I respect him, but yes I do think he's an asshole too.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}