Mon Mar 8 11:09:34 CST 2010
Charles Robinson wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2010, at 10:40, Larry Colen wrote:
> > I do not, however, like my AF540.  It will NOT stay in manual mode.
> >

> I agree with this complaint.  Any time it is powered up, it defaults to
> P-TTL, no matter what it was set at before.
>
> It would be nice if it "remembered" what mode it was in and would stay
> there.
>
>  -Charles

Larry, - the manual mode of the flash is available if you go into
the M[anual] mode of the camera (on K-7, at least, but I suspect
it's the same on K10/K20).
It might be the same way for some other modes (A or T).

I've ordered Metz 58 today.
It seems to have more flexibility in adjustments.

Charles: yes, it is a well known complaint about 540 FGZ that it
forgets the settings. And I believe it happens even when it goes
into the "sleep" mode.

Igor