On 3/12/2010 4:53 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Scott Loveless
On 3/12/10, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On a side bar, thanks to Ann for clearing up for me and Frank, at GFM
>  2005,, what American cheese is.
>
>  Just plain ol plastic cheese.
>
>  We have that here to.:-0

It's not cheese.

Technically, it's "processed cheese food"; sez so right on the wrapper. I think it's a extruded mixture of various cheese like dairy products blended with number 5 yellow food dye. Number 2 might be more appropriate.

Not sure I trust anything that requires the word "food" on the label to identify it as such though.

Rather have some Wensleydale myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0

Chemically, except for the coloring I think is is "cheese", but it didn't arrive that way by any "natural" process. So they're not allowed to call it cheese.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}