On 24/03/2010, Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> Questions:
> Do I assume that the drive interface within the case is eSATA?
> Does anyone have a clue how to open one of these beasties? I have a power saw
> but am not sure where to start cutting. Seriously, there are no screw heads
> etc. visible to me.

Hi Stan,

SATA or PATA (standard old parallel IDE) depending on the age I would
expect. I haven't opened one yet but I expect that it's glued
together, not the type of thing you'd generally consider attempting to
repair ;-)

A starting point perhaps:

http://carltonbale.com/western-digital-my-book-opening-the-case-removing-the-drive

Cheers,