2010/3/25 CheekyGeek <cheekyg...@gmail.com>:
> Could I just do a mini-rant here and ask why people are so afraid to
> name their price these days? I, for one, can't be the Buyer and the
> Seller too.
> The seller should set a price (which could/should drop over time if
> there are no takers) and the buyer decides if he wants it at that
> price or not. If the seller wants an auction, put it on an auction
> site, I say. The ONLY reason taking "offers" might make sense is if
> there is no way to determine the value for something (rare, so few
> ever offered, for instance).

<mini-rant> It is simple - there is eBay, there is permanent discounts
all over the place, there is Craig's List and so on and so forth plus
there is the media always telling you that you need to and how to get
everything at the lowest price and it is just not possible any more to
name a price with confidence and now that the person you are dealing
with won't just look around and buy wherever is cheapest without
giving you an opportunity to match that price. And then there is the
difference between what you think it is worth and what it sells for on
eBay and what the used photographica lists say and so on... what I am
trying to say is that the markets are such a mess that they erode your
sense of price and more importantly of the VALUE of any given item you
are looking to sell as well as your confidence in the relationship
underlying the transaction... </mini-rant>