On 3/28/2010 9:20 AM, eckinator wrote:
2010/3/28 Malcolm Smith<malcolmsmi...@btinternet.com>:
http://www.digisol-
online.com/epages/61690334.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61690334/Categor
ies/Products/CardReader/Multi-Cardreader
These I will have to have a good look at; my card reader was 99 pence from
Hong Kong. Not wonderful but does the job.
OK in this case I will translate what I found in the meantime (the
chips are gneeric btw as I dunno where digisol ships and at what cost)
UT330 - they call it the "vw beetle twin turbo" - very fast incl CF
UDMA, no known compatibility issues
UT335 - same as UT330 but with external memory for firmware updates,
also an additional full SD channel to support a dedicated slot for
mini/micro SD cards
GL826 - relatively new chip (this explains why it is in only a few
products) with outstanding MemoryStick HG I/O, issues with 300x CF
UDMA were resolved by a firmware update, now trouble free

The readers built with any of these are all spec'ed at either 30 or 32
MB/s so I think the difference is to be taken with a glass of
RiceWhine...

Never bring up RiceWhine unless you want to suffer the wrath of Kenny....

hth
ecke

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}