Malcolm -

There's a pretty good discussion of transfer (read/write) speed and class of SD cards here:

http://shutterbug.com/equipmentreviews/accessories/0210memory/

I don't know what the read/write/class parameters are for the K7 but they should be in the manual and this should help you decide what you need.

-p