The best response would be to show her a copy of last years PDML annual. I don't suppose you live close enough to someone to borrow one for the evening?

It's really too late to respond to what she said without sounding like an insecure dork. On the spot a reply that I would have been tempted with, but wouldn't have worked for you is "I already have a penis, so I didn't need to buy one at the camera store".

Chances are her concern is based a lot on her not knowing anything about Pentax gear. She probably knows Canon, and can figure her way around Nikon but is clueless on how to deal with Pentax.