I've been looking through the catalog of digital images I've accumulated since I started shooting with the *ist-D; part of my reorganizing and finally trying to do REAL backups, figuring out what I might have that's worthy to go in a portfolio & such.

For the most part, I don't have copyright information in the metadata. 99-44/100% of these will probably never be seen. Anything I post online or submit has or will have the copyright when I send it out.

However, I was wondering.

What do y'all do about copyright information when storing your files?

Do you go ahead and change ALL the file info to "copyrighted" and append metadata? What info do you include beyond (c) date name?

Is it worth going back through the whole catalog and updating copyright? It *IS* fairly easy to do in Bridge, but is it actually a good idea?

What about registering copyright? I've been looking on the Copyright Office website, and it's going to take a little figuring out. Seems like there's a limit to how many you can do at one time, but they don't make it clear how many that is. It looks like the eCO thing is time limited - you can copyright as many as you can type in the info in a half hour?

And they don't take PEF files, it's gotta be JPEG or PSD, which means I'm going to have to go through a batch conversion process before I can submit them.

Anyway ... your thoughts?